[CentOS] CentOS5 pam_mkhomedir

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Tue Aug 7 13:36:51 UTC 2007

I have no problem with pam_mkhomedir on my CentOS 5 installation:

session     optional      pam_keyinit.so revoke
session     required      pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel umask=0077 silent
session     required      pam_limits.so
session     [success=1 default=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so service in crond quiet use_uid
session     required      pam_unix.so
session     optional      pam_krb5.so

Works for me, the option for setting the home dir perms is umask=

-Ross