[CentOS] Will this work? server+centOS5+100users?

Ken Sedlacek

kensedlacek at eitsolutions.biz
Tue Aug 7 21:17:31 UTC 2007

I am an experienced MS administrator of W2003 servers & Exchange systems.

I have 5+ years UNIX mid-level experience but not in centOS. Grounded in SCO UNIX (the real SCO UNIX).

We want to use CentOS on a recently grave yarded Dell poweredge 400SC server.

This is a P4 3.0 Ghz, w/4GB memory, 2 SATA 250 GB disks.

We want to use this server w/CentOS5, to provide file and print resources to 100 users.

Each Department wants control over common folders of info for only their group.

Each user wants control over their folders.

Pretty much standard permissions for departments.

Is this do-able with the server and centOS5 and 100 users?

Thank you in advance.

Ken