[CentOS] mod_gnutls and named based virtual hosts on HTTPS

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Aug 13 14:46:04 UTC 2007

David Hrbáč wrote:
> Johnny Hughes napsal(a):
>> I am looking at apr_memcache ... and I'll probably add it in later today.
>>
>> Obviously if we included the EL4 version in a CentOS repo it would need
>> to go into CentOSPlus as it requires an updated gnutls/libgcrypt.  I did
>> not yet analyze everything that requires gnutls and libgcrypt in
>> CentOS-4 to see if your version works with all those packages, or if we
>> need to rebuild any of them.
>>
>> After some testing of those packages (the ones in C4 that require gnutls
>> and libgcrypt) and after we work out any problems, I would be glad to
>> add these to the testing repo (and then to centosplus after testing).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Johnny Hughes
>>

> I want to get C4 version since C5 systems are minority. I do no know any
> way to get all dependencies, than install "all" on virtual machine and
> run --whatrequires ... On all my production servers rpm -q
> --whatrequires gnutls libgcrypt returns
> no package requires gnutls
> no package requires libgcrypt

Right, this is what I get for c4 i386 (libgcrypt and -devel) ...
removing all the "no packages require":

rpm -q --whatrequires libgcrypt-config gcrypt-module.h gcrypt.h
libgcrypt.a libgcrypt.so libgcrypt.m4 gcrypt.info.gz libgcrypt.so.11
libgcrypt.so.11.1.1 libgcrypt libgcrypt-devel | sort uniq

evolution-2.0.2-35.0.4.el4.i386
evolution-connector-2.0.2-10.rhel4.1.i386
evolution-data-server-1.0.2-14.el4.i386
evolution-webcal-1.0.10-3.i386
gnutls-1.0.20-3.2.3.i386
gnutls-devel-1.0.20-3.2.3.i386
gnutls-devel-1.0.20-3.2.3.i386
libgcrypt-devel-1.2.0-3.i386
libsoup-2.2.1-4.i386
libxslt-1.1.11-1.i386
NetworkManager-0.3.1-4.el4.i386
vino-2.8.1-1.i386
wireshark-0.99.5-EL4.1.i386
wireshark-gnome-0.99.5-EL4.1.i386
yelp-2.6.4-2.i386

and for gnutls (and -devel):

rpm -q --whatrequires libgnutls-extra.so.11 libgnutls-extra.so.11.1.20
libgnutls-openssl.so.11 libgnutls-openssl.so.11.1.20 libgnutls.so.11
libgnutls.so.11.1.20 gnutls/compat4.h gnutls/compat8.h gnutls/extra.h
gnutls/gnutls.h gnutls/openpgp.h gnutls/openssl.h gnutls/pkcs12.h
gnutls/x509.h libgnutls-extra.a libgnutls-extra.la libgnutls-extra.so
libgnutls-openssl.a libgnutls-openssl.la libgnutls-openssl.so
libgnutls.a libgnutls.la libgnutls.so libgnutls-extra.m4 libgnutls.m4
gnutls gnutls-devel | sort | uniq

evolution-2.0.2-35.0.4.el4.i386
evolution-connector-2.0.2-10.rhel4.1.i386
evolution-data-server-1.0.2-14.el4.i386
evolution-webcal-1.0.10-3.i386
gnutls-1.0.20-3.2.3.i386
gnutls-devel-1.0.20-3.2.3.i386
libsoup-2.2.1-4.i386
wireshark-0.99.5-EL4.1.i386
wireshark-gnome-0.99.5-EL4.1.i386

(all of those are also in the top list for libgcrypt)

So, all of those pacakges would need to be checked and probably most
will need to be rebuilt ... not sure it is worth that effort.

> I dare to say that we are not able to create apr_memcache for C4. :o(
> Once you create it you should also rebuild mod_gnutls to compile with
> mmcache.

WRT apr_memcache, we also need to build memcached (apr_memcache is a
client for memcached, not a standalone program).  memcached allows for
several machines to be used for caching requests.  RPMForge seems to
have the latest version of memcached ... so I guess I can build that as
well (for repo closure).

> SRPM are in my repo and taken from C5 repo.

Good, that is a long term enterprise source for an updated gnutls and
libgcrypt ... but all the other packages that need rebuilding also need
tracking and relabeled (probably version needs %{?dist} added to it ...
where %dist is .el4.centos.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes