[CentOS] Automount configuration problem

Mon Aug 13 20:29:36 UTC 2007

On 13 August 2007, joseph blase joseph.mailboxlist at gmail.com wrote:

> put something like this on you /etc/fstab
>
> [host ]# cat /etc/fstab | grep cdrom
> /dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
> noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

Joseph: Thank you for replying. Before I added that line to the /etc/fstab
file in my daughters box, I did a "yum update autofs". No joy. Then, I added that line to the /etc/fstab
file. No joy. Possibly, if I do some more research, I can figure out what to change your
suggested line to. However, in my box, there is nothing like that in the /etc/fstab
file and automount works perfectly. I would like to know what is putting this line into the /etc/mtab file in my box, when I have
the CentOS DVD in the drive:

/dev/hdc /media/CentOS_5.0_Final iso9660 ro,noexec,nosuid,nodev,uid=503 0 0

Whatever is causing that line to be added to /etc/mtab apparently makes the automount work properly.  Lanny