[CentOS] Cent OS 5 server setup walkthrough

Rohit Rai

rohitbrai at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 06:32:33 UTC 2007

I have just finished setting up and configuring a server running CentOS 5
with 2 Xen VMs. This article describes my journey through this, including
the problems I faced and there solutions. It documents the installation of
CentOS 5, from a single CD, adding software, configuring squid, NFS, Xen,
etc and sharing yum cache and lot more!

I request everyone to check this out and tell me what should I do to make
this setup properly secured and robust.

Comments requested!!!

It will definitely help you if you are a newbie and want to set up a CentOS
server.

mytechrantings: Setting up a Cent OS 5
server<http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com/2007/08/centos-5-selinux-xen-squid-yum-cache.html>

Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
- Michael J. Fox