[CentOS] Mail Restrictions with sendmail

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Thu Aug 16 05:03:13 UTC 2007

> I will have to edit /etc/fstab . I will have to add usrquota,grpquota

Good research.

> Now, my question is to which partition should I have to add
> usrquota,grpquota.
>

> Is it to /var partion should I have to add quota as All incoming mail
> will be stored as  /var/spool/mail/username

According to your list of filesystems below, yes, /var definitely needs
quota turned on.

> or
>
> Is it to /home partion should I have to add quota as All users are
> system users ( i.e- /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow and /etc/group

Only if you intend to lump both mailbox quota and home directory quota
together. If you need to enable separate quotas for these...you need
another solution. If you do not need quotas for anything but mail, just
turn on quotas for /var.