[CentOS] centos 4.5 deleting the top panel

Andreas Rogge arogge at gmx.de
Thu Aug 16 22:00:59 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 16.08.2007, 10:28 -0400 schrieb Jerry Geis:
> I can right click on the top panel and select "Delete Panel"
> on centos 4.5
>
> however, is there a way to do that in a shell script?
>
> I was looking at gconf-editor under apps/panel/toplevels/top_panel
> but I dont see anything there about "dont show it at all".

I just fiddled around a bit. Creating a new panel adds a new folder to
apps/panel/toplevels, so I guess you'd have to remove the whole
top_panel folder. I didn't find any way to do that with gconf-editor,
but i guess it is scriptable.

However, as these folders actually are part of the
default-configuration, the easiest way to remove the top-panel
system-wide is probably removing the folder from the
default-configuration.

Regards,
Andreas