[CentOS] Re: using fuse on centos 5 with xp

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Aug 17 20:51:49 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 04:30:34PM -0400, Dave wrote:
> Hello,
>    Thanks for your reply. I am using both rpmforge and atrpms, i have not
> until now had an issue. What is dkms and kmdl?

dkms and kmdl are two different methods of providing kernel modules on
your system. dkms does this dynamically on the end user's system,
e.g. it ships code and your compiler builds it for any kernel you
boot. kmdls are prebuilt kernel modules that are shipped in binary
form.

Ideally both yield the same results on your system. Both have pros and
cons, and we'll hopefully get the pros together soon.

> Should i use one or the other in this case?

Yes, not both, they target the same kernel module, so they will both
conflict in one way or another. Just try out one method and if that
works stick to it.