[CentOS] postfix - killed by signal 11 - debug help

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Mon Aug 20 02:22:28 UTC 2007

John Thomas wrote:
> Any suggestions to help me troubleshoot a "killed by signal 11" problem
> with Postfix?  I've Googled and fiddled, but cannot figure it out.  I
> have no idea where to look/start.

Debug with gdb. Enable in main.cf

debugger_command =
          PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
          gdb $daemon_directory/$process_name $process_id 2>&1 >
$config_directory/$process_name.$process_id.log & sleep 5

debug_peer_level = 2

#debug_peer_list = some.domain

Set some.domain to an ip address of a host where you can run telnet to
connect to port 25 of the postfix server.

This will create a file(s) in /etc/postfix