[CentOS] 8 port serial card

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Wed Aug 22 15:28:30 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 10:57:39PM +0800, Feizhou enlightened us:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:
> >On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 09:51:21PM +0800, Feizhou enlightened us:
> >>Has anybody got Centos to work with multi-port serial cards? Or does
> >>anybody have multi-port serial or fax cards to recommend?
> >>

> >I've got a 4 port card that works nicely. It's a Lava Quattro PCI/LP (I
> >needed a low profile card for a 2U server). I'm currently using 2 of the 4
> >ports and it works just fine. It shows up as ttyS4-S7 with no additional
> >configuration needed on CentOS 4.
>
> Is that a moscom based card?

Not sure. lspci output says:

00:09.0 Serial controller: Lava Computer mfg Inc Quattro-PCI A (prog-if 02
[16550])
        Subsystem: Lava Computer mfg Inc Quattro-PCI A
        Flags: slow devsel, IRQ 185
        I/O ports at d400 [size=8]
        I/O ports at d080 [size=8]

00:09.1 Serial controller: Lava Computer mfg Inc Quattro-PCI B (prog-if 02
[16550])
        Subsystem: Lava Computer mfg Inc Quattro-PCI B
        Flags: slow devsel, IRQ 185
        I/O ports at d800 [size=8]
        I/O ports at d480 [size=8]

And there are specs at http://www.lavalink.com/index.php?id=707

> How did it cost you/your company?

We're education, but at the time (last April) I paid < $90 US for it. Looks
like it normally goes for about $120.

Matt

P.S. Go get more caffeine ;-)

--