[CentOS] Getting info on hardware RAID

Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists)

matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 07:05:01 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm doing an audit of all our servers here (there aren't that many
maybe around 5-10) and one of the things I'm doing is taking note of
each server's hardware specs (processor, memory, etc).

I can't seem to figure out how to get the information for the hard
drives. The drives are in a hardware RAID5 array and are all SCSI
types. I would like to get each physical SCSI drive's specifications
(like, disk capacity).

Also, we have another server that also uses Hardware RAID and there's
a RAID5 and a RAID1 array in there and I would also like to get as
much information as I have on them.

How do I get this information from the console? Is this possible? I
don't have physical access to the servers and can only log in
remotely.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.