[CentOS] rpmforge checksum errors

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Aug 27 15:31:21 UTC 2007

Jim Perrin wrote on Sun, 26 Aug 2007 21:18:19 -0400:

> I've only seen this on networks where I  (or my providers) use
> proxies, however you may have better luck asking on the rpmforge
> user's list.

I'm not using a proxy. On first glance it looks to me like the repo gets
so frequently updated that the meta data is always out of sync. As I don't
know how it works that's probably wrong, but it feels like that :-)
I didn't ever (or almost never) notice that with CentOS 4, but I see it
frequently happen with both my new CentOS 5 installations. rpmforge has
become almost unusable because of this. I thought I'd ask here first, as
I'm not subscribed to the rpmforge list and I know that many here are
using it. I'll take it over to rpmforge after a bit of waiting here for
other replies.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany