[CentOS] Xen VM vanishes after creation

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Aug 27 18:14:12 UTC 2007

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Kai Schaetzl wrote:

> That's so short I could post it here. But here you go:
>
> http://www.pastebin.ca/672505
>
> test1 is the name of the VM. It's the first and only I
> created so far. I made one or two edits in xend-config.sxp
> *after* the problem occurred, nothing that could have any
> effect on this (mainly enabled the http access).

I have never tried using the LO as the interface ---

27/08/2007 03:08:46 Client 127.0.0.1 gone

and do not know what may have happened in the edit of
xend-config.sxp, but do not know of any need to edit that.

These are wild guesses, but to partition the problem further,
either restore xend-config.sxp to stock, or try to install
against an interface where bridging can occur -- I mage a PDF
of:
 	http://www.colug.net/notes/0708mtg/xen-COLUG-Aug2007.txt
so that we have page numbers: see page 4 of
 	http://www.colug.net/notes/0708mtg/xen-COLUG-Aug2007.pdf
I am not at all sure that the LO device can do that.

-- Russ Herrold