[CentOS] Re: XEN - Guest WINXP

Tue Aug 28 13:22:58 UTC 2007

See http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/HVM_Compatible_Processors

> actually, that should read..
>
> I don't think XEN can host WinXP on processors without virtualization
> support.   VMware can, at least for 32bit XP as a guest.

VMware Sever (free) or one of their paid versions will do the trick.  I
have used Server and Workstation for XP 32-bit.  VMware should be able
to do 64-bit OSs also, on a 64-bit processor, but not on a P-III.  (I
seem to be on the VMware unpaid sales-force today. :-)

Phil