[CentOS] centos5 iptables expert needed

Dave

dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Tue Aug 28 16:27:08 UTC 2007

Hello,
    I'm setting up a centos5 router for a friend. It will direct traffic to
an internal webserver, already in place, as well as run squid proxy. It
should do nat and have a firewall with iptables. I've set up routers before
for this purpose but always of the bsd type and using their firewalls. I
understand the concepts, nat, packet filtering, etc. but i'm not getting
iptales at all. If anyone is an expert on this i'd appreciate hearing from
you. I have what are probably basic questions, i've read the docs, but i am
lost.
Thanks.
Dave.