[CentOS] Package Tracking System

Simon Jolle "sjolle" urandomdev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 18:58:01 UTC 2007

Server Gremlin wrote:
> Steve Rigler wrote:
> Thanks guys, that is pretty much what I want.  But what if I want to see
> the changelog for a package that I don't have installed?  I'd like to
> look at the changelog for a package available via yum before I upgrade
> my existing package to it.  When I did a "rpm -q --changelog mypackage",
> that only showed changes up to my currently installed version.  (Which
> makes sense if this is just looking on my local machine, which I assume
> it is)

I am with you. Submit a feature request, maybe someone implements this.
I also miss in RHEL and rebuilds something like "apt-listbugs". It lists
you known bugs, before you install the software. "apt-listbugs" is a
command line interface that query's Debian Bug Tracking System -> you
don't need to open a web browser.