[CentOS] Re: Solved: Re: Re: mdadm --create on Centos5?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Aug 29 17:11:50 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell spake the following on 8/29/2007 9:48 AM:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>> Les Mikesell spake the following on 8/27/2007 3:56 PM:
>>> Is there some new trick to making raid devices on Centos5?
>>>
>>> # mdadm --create /dev/md3 --level=1 --raid-devices=2 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdc1
>>> mdadm: error opening /dev/md3: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> I thought that worked on earlier versions.  Do I have to do something
>>> udev related first?
>>>
>> The above command tries to define the same device twice /dev/sdc1. Is
>> it a typo in message or original command?
>
> Yes, this was answered in a previous response.  It was a typo and the
> solution is to add --auto=yes for systems that don't already have the
> device nodes.

Oh yeah... Udev broke a lot of my previous knowledge ( or maybe my foolish
reliance on devices already "being there").
I guess when I get my first "live" systems running on CentOS 5 next month I
will get to relearn stuff again.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and