[CentOS] Question about centos 4 or 5 install with software RAID

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Fri Aug 31 06:23:35 UTC 2007

Jerry Geis wrote:
> When doing software RAID-1 installs on reboot (just after install)
> I ALWAYS get RAID device is not clear - preforming reconstruction.
>
> Why is this? If I just installed the array should be in sync shouldnt it?
> And clean?

No, the syncing could take a couple of hours, depending upon the
sizes of your arrays. This takes place during the installation.

If the syncing hasn't finished before the installation has finished,
it will have to continue after the reboot.

I don't know if it is smart enough to continue where it stopped, or
it has to start all over?

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk