[CentOS] rpmsave files and pagasus

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Aug 31 17:09:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 09:45:46AM -0300, Centos alleged:
> Hello
>
> I just upgraded Centos, and now doing some post upgarde task to make
> sure every thing is fine.
>
> First of all, it seems upgrade add rpmsave extension to configuration
> files, which we should copy them back
> example is /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.rpmsave

This is normal and expected.  Since you've made changes to a config file, rpm
saves them for you instead of overwriting them.

> also what is Pegasus ?
> there is a lot of rpmsaved in  /var/lib/pegasus
> example :
> /var/lib/Pegasus/prev_repository_2007-08-30-1188481293.980554182.rpmsave

$ yum info tog-pegasus
 OpenPegasus WBEM Services for Linux enables management solutions that deliver
increased control of enterprise resources. WBEM is a platform and resource
independent DMTF standard that defines a common information model and
communication protocol for monitoring and controlling resources from diverse
sources.