[CentOS] Re: OT: Suggestions for RAID HW for 2 SATA drives in

Fri Aug 31 18:27:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 11:06 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On 30 August 2007, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> > Message: 57
> <snip>
>
> > And, learning how to remove/replace
> >  a defective drive is something I should do.
> > VMWare is a good way to experiment with things like that.
>
> Scott: Thank you for that idea! I don't think any of the boxes in our
> house have boards that permit virtualization (sp?), but possibly the
> server will support that. Lanny

As discussed recently on-list, VMware CPU requirements to support
virtualization are not nearly so rigorous as for Xen.  You are probably
OK with VMware on most any relatively modern x86 or x86_64 CPU.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-August/085796.html

Phil