[CentOS] Anyone using sendmail?

Christopher Chan christopher at ias.com.hk
Wed Dec 5 02:53:53 UTC 2007

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi all,
> Does sendmail support virtual-non-unix-users setup?
> Any URL about it?
> I tried to ask in #sendmail channel, but nobody answered.
> I google around, but, all url only talks about virtual domain and mapping to
> unix users.

Do you mean a single unix account that will be used as the uid/gid for
processes that will store and read the mail store for the virtual users?

The system has to have at least a unix account for permissions and
ownership unless you plan to the emails somewhere other than the
filesystem like a database.