[CentOS] centos 5.1 install on thumbdrive

Mark Pryor tlviewer at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 04:29:07 UTC 2007

--- Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> Is there anything new on installing centos 5.1 on a
> 4G thumbdrive?
>
> What about the number of writes to the flash? Is
> that still a problem?

Jerry,

Have you tried one of the live Distros on USB flash?

A live, or aka "portable executable", OS works well on
USB as opposed to a normal distro of Centos.

I've found great utility in knoppix 5.0+ and the
Fedora 7 live. FC7 (live) is a close cousin to CentOS
5.

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/7/Live/

There was an effort to release a live C5, but I lost
track of it. Since RHEL isn't going in that direction,
I don't expect (or want) to see a CentOS splinter
group trying to pick up where RHEL is lacking.

--
Mark