[CentOS] Clustering MySQL

Steve Campbell

campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Dec 11 17:18:28 UTC 2007

I'm just beginning to consider using the Clustering available with
CentOS. We are going to spec out some new hardware, and after reading
most of the Clustering manuals, I have a small question about MySQL.

I would like to run High Availability MySQL, in other words, similar to
how you can run  HA HTTPD and the like.  The catch seems to be if I run
MySQL on an individual server, with common MySQL replication to another
server, how do failovers work? I see a real problem with table locking
and the like. Is there a way to run multiple MySQL servers that get
removed from the cluster as opposed to failing over when using the newer
MySQL versions (I am running 3.23 now, so a little behind)?

Thanks for any insights.

Steve Campbell