[CentOS] ssh terminal froze once in a while

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Dec 13 12:32:08 UTC 2007

Alain Spineux wrote on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 19:21:18 +0100:

> The most common part is WinXP and putty, but in all version and service pack.

I've been using Putty in various versions for years multiple times a day and
from various locations and thru various connection methods. I don't see any
difference when connecting to CentOS or Suse or FreeBSD, it's just fine and
stays fine over hours or days. Also no problems with "inter-linux" connections
(which I do on the command-line, not with a GUI client).
Especially in the case of Windows I'd suspect an "overzealous" personal
firewall or other security product causing your problems. It might also depend
on the NAT or firewall configuration.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany