[CentOS] workspace switcher

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Fri Dec 28 20:39:44 UTC 2007

Jerry Geis wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I added the "workspace switcher" and I now have 4 virtual screens.
>
> I have module vnc loaded in my xorg.conf file.
> Again vnc works into the machine but I want to go directly to one of the
> 4 available virtual screens.

I don't believe vnc will do what your asking it to do. 1 VNC instance
is per X server not per virtual desktop(unless things have drastically
changed recently).

You can fire up a 2nd X server and run whatever apps  you want on that
and connect using VNC to that display. Or just run vncserver and run
the apps inside a VNC X server instead of an Xorg server.

nate