[CentOS] imap pop3 servers

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Thu Feb 1 15:55:14 UTC 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Doc Schneider wrote:

> I'm doing a complete upgrade of a server which I was using uw-imap
> for the imap/pop4 daemons.(This was an old RH 7.2 system and has
> been upgraded to CentOS 4.4 64bit) I notice there isn't an rpm at
> any of the repositories for this. I do pop before smpt for the
> remote users I have and also use procmail for calling spamc from
> SpamAssassin.
>
> Is there some place I can get uw's imap or do I need to settle for
> using something like Dovecot? (Which doesn't support procmail
> AFAICT)

Procmail and Dovecot work fine together, since procmail knows how to
write Maildir files. The difference in procmail recipes is subtle but
easy to recognize:

Here's my traditional (mbox) recipe:

   :0:
   spam

And here's the Maildir version:

   :0
   .spam/

The trailing slash and leading dot are the key indicators, though it's
the slash that tells procmail to use Maildir format.

If you'd like a .src.rpm of UW-IMAP 2006d, let me know. I'll send you
a copy of mine, and you can tweak/build it as you like.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com