[CentOS] imap pop3 servers

John Hinton webmaster at ew3d.com
Thu Feb 1 16:50:07 UTC 2007

Doc Schneider wrote:
> chrism at imntv.com wrote:
>> Doc Schneider wrote:
>>> I'm doing a complete upgrade of a server which I was using uw-imap
>>> for the imap/pop4 daemons.(This was an old RH 7.2 system and has
>>> been upgraded to CentOS 4.4 64bit) I notice there isn't an rpm at
>>> any of the repositories for this. I do pop before smpt for the
>>> remote users I have and also use procmail for calling spamc from
>>> SpamAssassin.
>>>
>>> Is there some place I can get uw's imap or do I need to settle for
>>> using something like Dovecot? (Which doesn't support procmail AFAICT)
>>>
>>> Also I did do a search and read the wiki for CentOS and just about
>>> everyplace I could think of.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any and all suggestions.
>>
>> There's a great step-by-step howto on Johnny's website.
>>
>> http://www.hughesjr.com/content/view/14/29/
>
> Thanks for the link but guess I should have said in my original
> message I'm using sendmai. That one is for Postfix. But I can probably
> gleam some info from it.
>
> Thanks,

I'm running sendmail/procmail/dovecot on all my CentOS 4 systems. Works
great! If I understand it correctly, procmail is actually called from
sendmail so your setup should be pretty much identical except you'll
need to do a bit with the dovecot config and set it to start on boot. I
found it an easy changeover.

Best,
John Hinton

John Hinton