[CentOS] Unablce to open VNC

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Sun Feb 4 20:39:05 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 20:07 -0500, Guy Boisvert wrote:
> Theo Band wrote:
> > Todd Cary wrote:
> >><snip>
> >

> On the server (Here with term 20):
> ===================================
> To start the server: <snip>

> To get Gnome instead of default TWM:
> - vi ~/.vnc/xstartup
> - comment out TWM
> - add: gnome-session &

?? My ~/.vnc/xstartup originally had these three lines near the top

   # Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
   # unset SESSION_MANAGER
   # exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

I just deleted the "#" on the 2nd and 3rd lines and all subsequent lines
in the file. My X default (KDE/Gnome or whatever) seems to be used then.

If I didn't want to use the system-wide default, I guess what I did
would not be appropriate. Am I correct in guessing that it would be
appropriate in a great many cases?

--
Bill