[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 ServerCD

Mon Feb 5 18:33:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 10:58 -0500, Alexander Lopez wrote:
> Hi Friends.. My name is Alexander... I installed CentOS 4.4 x86_64
> Server from ServerCD. My questios is: If I can install develop tools
> from CD's CentOS 4.4 x86_64.. Help me please...

Installing from the CDs is not really possible ... you must install from
a repository ... which is cd-1, 2, 3, 4 all copied into one directory.

Or just use yum to install from an online repository.

The reason for this is that the yum included in CentOS-4 does not know
how to SPAN CDs (and ask for cd-2, etc.)

You can install directly from the DVD or from a repo on your hard drive
that has all the files from all the CDs copied to it.