[CentOS] KDE oops

Ted Miller

tedjeanmiller at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 6 02:08:20 UTC 2007

I realize this may technically be "off topic", but I have made all the
icons on my KDE desktop disappear.  It is something in the KDE setup in my
/home/tmiller/... setup, as my wife's icons work fine.  It is probably the
result of something I deleted or moved in moving my home directory from
Mandriva 2006 to Centos 4.  The files are all in /home/tmiller/Desktop, but
they don't show up on the desktop.  Neither do the device icons, or any
other icons.  I have the Configure-Desktop -> Behavior -> General -> Show
icons on desktop box checked, but the don't show.  I hope someone will
recognize my problem and be able to help me with 10 seconds of typing.  If
no one knows what I have done I will quietly go looking for a KDE forum or
mailing list to plead my case in.

Ted Miller
Indiana