[CentOS] CODA or NFS

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Tue Feb 6 15:13:24 UTC 2007

CODA or AFS are more of a distributed filesystem. Idea behind those is
you don't need a centralized cluster if your data is spread out to
redundant servers, but unfortunately they only work if you also employ
CODA or AFS clients for accessing that data which aren't available on
every platform.

I think your are probably looking for something like GFS or OCFS and
shared storage, either direct connect shared storage (SCSI or Fiber) or
iSCSI.

Of course some applications, like LDAP, don't need to be in a cluster as
they have their own replication mechanisms to keep data consistent
across disperse servers.

-Ross