[CentOS] Centos VPS providers in the European Union?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Wed Feb 7 14:12:50 UTC 2007

Hello,

I may need to set up soon a Linux VPS, to be used almost exclusively
for handling email (as in "2GB of disk space, 2GB/month of bandwidth
would be surely enough") with a fully customized
postfix/procmail/dovecot setup.

I'd prefer to use Centos, which I already use and know. One reason why
I'm asking this here is that I'd really like to be sure, before I go
for it, that the provider not only _offers_ Centos VPS but also
actually _know_ Centos, so they can help if some problems with their
setup comes up.

Now, for several reasons I am only interested in companies which are
100% based in the European Union (both the legal entity and the
datacenter) _and_ speak English with their customers, thanks.

Another requirement is that it has to be a provider which:

* either doesn't host anonymizers, adult content and warez altogether, or
* if it does, it does it on a completely different set of IP addresses

the reason is exclusively technical, ie availability: I have already
seen where I work the webmail of several, absolutely family-safe
websites blocked because, as it turns out, they sit on the same IP
address or IP block used by adult/warez sites. It may be stupid, but
that's the way it is, and I can't control it.

Do you know any good and reliable provider with this profile?
Any feedback is welcome, either on list or privately.

Thanks,
	Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73