[CentOS] New Bind Update

John Hinton webmaster at ew3d.com
Thu Feb 8 19:23:01 UTC 2007

Doc Schneider wrote:
> John Hinton wrote:
>> I was wondering if the new bind update is going smoothly for those
>> who have done it?
>>
>> I've been a little hesitant to run it yet as the last time forced a
>> bit of time fixing things. I'm trying to plan if I need to have some
>> hours available for this or if it is like most of the time.. just do
>> it and everything's ok.
>>
>> Best,
>> John Hinton
>>

> I had one issue -- it changed owners in /var/named which caused the
> domains I do secondary for to fail to update. I fixed that and it is
> now doing it's thang...

OK, yup.. same here. In spite of the message during the update on some
of my nameservers saying bind started OK... it died. Fixed the perms and
now they run.

Most of my nameservers slave at least to something else somewhere..
inside or out.

Thanks for the heads up.. What it changed on my machines was the perms
on /var/named/chroot/var/named directory.

Looks like my rndc reload still works this time! ;)

John Hinton