[CentOS] Intel 3000 and 5000 chipsets?

Alfred von Campe alfred at 110.net
Fri Feb 9 23:54:04 UTC 2007

On Feb 9, 2007, at 18:39, William Dinkel wrote:

> Actually, the e1000 driver tarballs include spec files that will
> create some very clean RPMs.  Just run "rpmbuild -tb <driver
> tarball>", install the freshly produced RPM, and it should handle
> all of the above steps for you.

OK, I'll give that a try next week when I'm back in the office.  Just
to make sure, installing the new RPM will not cause any problems down
the road?  The original e1000 driver kernel module is part of the
kernel RPM -- will there be any warnings or errors if I try to
uninstall an older kernel RPM at a later date?

   # rpm -qf /lib/modules/2.6.9-42.0.3.EL/kernel/drivers/net/e1000/
e1000.ko
   kernel-2.6.9-42.0.3.EL

Thanks,
Alfred