[CentOS] How to setup viralator

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 05:27:46 UTC 2007

> > Now I want to know which is better for productiuon enviroment?
> >
> > Squid as a Parent proxy or HAVP as Paernt proxy ?
> >
> It's up to you to decide and both are 'supported' and documented on the
> havp website.
> Usually i use HAVP as a parent proxy for Squid because squid can use
> authentication programs (like ntlm that i use a lot in M$ networks) and
> can handle blacklist, ACLs etc ... so squid does all the job and havp is
> just used one step further just for the antivirus stuff ....
> On the other hand, every is logged in squid log file and i can genereate
> reports easily with sarg (also available in the rpmforge repo )

Thanks a lot. Having kept SQUID in front of HAVP, I now run HAVP as a PARENT
PROXY as SQUID CAN HANDLE MANY THINGS. This is the first time I use HAVP and
am happy the way it works. But I am still new to HAVP. So I wnat to discuss
below 3 lines I have added to squid.conf.

First I addedd below line to squid.conf and restarted squid deamon.

cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8080 0 no-query no-digest no-netdb-exchange
default

Then I browsed the web and it worked.

Then I added below 2 lines to squid.conf and restarted squid deamon as well.

acl Scan_HTTP proto HTTP
never_direct allow Scan_HTTP

Then too, I browsed the web and it worked. Now I have these 2 rules as well.
But I don not have a proper idea of these 2 rules.

What does it say?

Is there any benifit, while having these 2 rules?

pls explain.

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya