[CentOS] CentOS 4 Samba - Excel 2002/2003 bug

security security at air-austral.com
Mon Feb 12 05:29:57 UTC 2007

Rodrigo Barbosa a écrit :
> There is a nasty bug on samba, up to 3.0.10, which causes Excel to
> incorrectly think a file was changes by someone else.
>
> This is a know issue, fixed on samba 3.0.11 (stock). A patch was
> also applied to samba on RHEL 3, but was NOT on RHEL 4.
>
> This patch (samba-3.0.9-excel.patch) will apply cleanly on
> samba-3.0.10-1.4E.9,
> and build without a glinch.
>
> This issue is NOT solves by http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324491
> (has it on a machine with Office SP3 installed).
>
> Maybe we can get a centosplus version of samba with this patch applied ?
>
> []s

Hello,

Is this bug open in bugzilla.redhat.com ???

It seems that RH developpers are very busy (maybe because of the next
RHEL 5 release?)

There is a lot of critical bugs that are still not close (like , for
exemple, the "rescue mode" that did not work on the last
Centos3/Gralinux/RHEL3 release) ...

Regards

js.