[CentOS] CentOS 2.6.9-42.0.8 issue - no keyboard after reboot

Mark Hull-Richter mhull-richter at datallegro.com
Mon Feb 12 22:07:39 UTC 2007

New details:

I am running an SMP machine and have been using the
kernel-2.6.9-x86_64-smp.config config file, which is the one that I
can't get to work.

So, I figured, what the heck, I'll just use the
kernel-2.6.9-x86_64.config config file instead and just turn on SMP in
make menuconfig.

Voila!  It works.

There are huge differences between these two config files, and I'm
wondering what the heck is messed up in the former such that it doesn't
work but the latter does, even on SMP?

Thanks.