[CentOS] Load data in ldap

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Feb 13 00:45:25 UTC 2007

Alexander Lopez wrote:
> Hi.. I try to load data in ldap server. I am using migration tools... But,
> When I use the migration tools throw the following message:
>
> bdb_db_open: Warning - No DB_CONFIG file found in directory
> /usr/local/var/openldap-data: (2)

If you're using self-built software, you're really on your own (or at
the mercy of your sources).

If you're not, then that is a most strange place to store your data.

> Expect poor performance for suffix o=utpl.edu,c=ec.
> str2entry: invalid value for attributeType objectClass #6 (syntax
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.38)
>
> I hope your comments..

What software are you using? Probably, the Fedora Directory Server
project is the way to go if you don't want to use standard RHEL/CentOS
software. I think FDS is what's in RHEL5.

Reread your information about configuration and setting it up, most
problems are solved this way.

--

Cheers
John