[CentOS] Prepping for system wipe & reload

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Tue Feb 13 19:42:03 UTC 2007

You can fix home directories with this shell command:

 getent passwd | awk -F: '{system("if [ -d /home/"$1" ]; then chown -R

These ticks are the straight or forward ticks beside the <Enter> key.

This will set all user home directory ownership back to their own.

Re-installing will not fix these perms anyways!