[CentOS] [Semi-OT] Advice on large webmail setup

Neil Thompson

abraxis at telkomsa.net
Wed Feb 14 05:22:55 UTC 2007

Hi all,

As the resident Linux guru, I've just been tasked with costing a webmail setup
for about 600 000 users.  They each have 10MiB (small, I know) mailboxes.  The
current setup has about 40 million web page accesses per month.

Has anyone here any experience with this kind of thing?  If so, any pointers as
to software and hardware used, and any other advice would be appreciated.

TIA

--
Cheers! (Relax...have a homebrew)

Neil

THEOREM: VI is perfect.
PROOF: VI in roman numerals is 6.  The natural numbers < 6 which divide 6 are
1, 2, and 3. 1+2+3 = 6.  So 6 is a perfect number.  Therefore, VI is perfect.
QED
                                                    -- Arthur Tateishi