[CentOS] NFS failure on latest kernel update

Wed Feb 14 14:35:43 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 08:11 -0500, fredex wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 04:40:43PM -0800, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> >

> > fredex wrote:
> > >Guys:
> > >
> > >On a 4.4 box I use as my desktop at work, I just did a "yum update" today
> > >for the first time in a while and it got the latest kernel 2.6.9-42.0.8.
> > >Upon rebooting afterward nfs now fails to mount two nfs shares on another
> > >Linux (very old Red Hat 6.2) box, that it always had mounted previously.
> > >
> > >google didn't help me much, and I couldn't find anything abouu it in
> > >the Centos forums (fora??).
> > >
> > >I'm getting an error something like "RPC error: Program not registered."
> > >
> > >did the new kernel break NFS on us?
> > >
> > >Thanks!
> >
> > Fred,
> > Don't know if this will help you but I had something similar happen. Adding
> > the following:
> >
> > nfsd /proc/fs/nfsd nfsd auto,defaults 0 0
> >
> > to /etc/fstab and issuing a 'mount -a' fixed my problem.
> >
> > http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6891&forum=30
> >
> > Kirk Bocek
>
> Nope. No change. Nice try, though.

hmmmm

how about this kind of entry in /etc/fstab:

10.2.0.2:/home/sun_vms  /mnt/xeon nfs  defaults  0 0

1st column is the machine name(or IP), a colon, and directory for the
nfs server export ... 2nd column is the place you want to mount it on
this machine, 3rd columns is the file type (nfs) ... from that point
what you already have is OK (for columns  4,5,6).

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes