[CentOS] Clamav .90x that worked for me

rado

rado at rivers-bend.com
Thu Feb 15 00:51:05 UTC 2007

I always update clamav from dag but this time it gave me fits.
On a clean install of clamav ver .90 that I did...after first completely
erasing (rpm -e clamav  ...etc for all clamav files), I then installed
ver 9.0 and the fix for me was to edit /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter in 2
places:

completely remove the line: dont-log-clean
don't just comment it out...in the flags, it has to be removed

and also
on the socket line ...should start by -obl...edit it to -ol

I think also in /etc/crond.conf you should also edit the commented line:
#LogClean to LogClean yes

I didn't edit /etc/crond.conf on this machine but am fixing to right
now...although it works w/out it

thx

John Rose