[CentOS] How can I batch print html pages

Theo Band theo.band at xanadu-wireless.com
Thu Feb 15 13:22:11 UTC 2007

Will McDonald wrote:
> On 15/02/07, John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
>> Will McDonald wrote:
>> \>
>> > Doesn't sending the HTML content to 'lpr' Just Work? I would've
>> > thought all the Foomatic filtering magic would've known what to do
>> > with HTML, though I don't have a Linux box setup for printing here.
>>
>> I think it would do a find job of printing the HTML. I don't see how it
>> can usefully do much more than that without parsing the HTML and pulling
>> in all the images, style sheets and other important inclusions.
>
> Fair point. I suppose that would depend on the particular format of
> the HTML content, is it really just simple, internally consistent HTML
> with no referenced images or external style definitions?
>
> Will.
The HTML is all local on disk, no external references (one logo, but
that's not important). I tried lpr <htmlfile> but that just print the
HTML :-( A filter for PDF is present, that's why I also looked for a
HTML to PDF converter. They exist, but work with PHP on a server, and
that's a little bit to much work right now. At least I hope there is a
little command-line utility html2pdf or htnl2ps or html2printer...

Theo