[CentOS] NFS failure on latest kernel update

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Feb 14 15:49:16 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 05:23:40PM +0200, kalinix wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 08:35 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> > > Nope. No change. Nice try, though.
> > >

> > hmmmm
> >
> > how about this kind of entry in /etc/fstab:
> >
> > 10.2.0.2:/home/sun_vms  /mnt/xeon nfs  defaults  0 0
> >
> > 1st column is the machine name(or IP), a colon, and directory for the
> > nfs server export ... 2nd column is the place you want to mount it on
> > this machine, 3rd columns is the file type (nfs) ... from that point
> > what you already have is OK (for columns  4,5,6).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Johnny Hughes
>

> http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/ar01s07.html
>

> HTH
>

> Calin
Calin:

Thanks for the reply. I've already checked that, and it looks to me as if
everything that should be running, is running.

here's rpcinfo -p on the NFS server machine:
# rpcinfo -p
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100005    1   udp    674  mountd
    100005    1   tcp    676  mountd
    100005    2   udp    679  mountd
    100005    2   tcp    681  mountd

and here is the same thing on the client where nfs mounts aren't working
(BTW, they ARE working from other clients, still):

# rpcinfo -p 128.2.2.25
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100005    1   udp    674  mountd
    100005    1   tcp    676  mountd
    100005    2   udp    679  mountd
    100005    2   tcp    681  mountd

one of my co-workers who uses fc4 on his desktop was able to mount it
on his client, and it is still mounted from other (non-linux) systems
in the server room, so it looks to me like a problem on the client machine.
since the problem appeared only after the latest kernel update, it seems
likely to be related to that.

Thanks for your assistance!

Fred
                       I can do all things through Christ