[CentOS] %include command in Kickstart

Al Sparks data345 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 19:31:22 UTC 2007

> Al Sparks  :
> > I have a kickstart file that basically runs the following:
> >
> > install nfs --server=nfserver.blah.local --dir=/vol/updts/staging/CentOS_4.3
> > #include %some_file.cfg
> >
> > I want to be able to access or "include" a file on the nfs share not the
> > local CDROM I've got this on.  How do I do that?
>
> the correct syntax is '%include', not '#include' and the NFS
> server must be given with its IP address, not the DNS name:

The "#include" was a typo.  I did get it right in my subject line.

Also, my
    network

configuration includes a local DNS, so I've been able to reach the NFS
server by name.  But it occurs to me that I need to place that
information on the ks.cfg file on the cdrom portion, not the
"some_file.cfg" located on the nfs share.

> install nfs --server=1.2.3.4 --dir=/vol/updts/staging/CentOS_4.3
> %include /path/to/file
>
> Once the installation system is running, the mount point for the
> used NFS share by directive "install" is /mnt/source .

The really great info you gave me is the mount point the nfs command
uses.

 [snip]

> my $ 0.02
>
> Pierre Bourgin