[CentOS] Re: Defending againts simultanious attacks

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Feb 15 19:50:25 UTC 2007

Yes, bots use bandwidth. However no hosting customer has ever actually
paid for the bandwidth their 'hacked' server has used to attack random
places on the Internet.

The ISP has to pay for it, because if the ISP tries to enforce a charge
for bandwidth a malicious third party used it turns into a gigantic
fiasco.

-Drew