[CentOS] Wireless and kernelproblem on IBM Z61m

Mats Hellman

mats.hellman at folkhalsan.fi
Fri Feb 16 10:44:30 UTC 2007

Just got almost everything set up on my IBM/Lenovo Z61m and now wondering if
there is a graphical tool to set up wireless networking.
Also for some reason the kernel 2.6.9-42.0.3 and 2.6.9-42.0.8 hang if
rc.sysinit includes the sound initialization. I've tried the plus kernel also
and the same thing happens there.
The only one working is 2.6.9-22 but on that one networking doesn't. If anyone
has any idea of how to start debuging this problem let me know.
The dmesg output from the kernel 2.6.9-22 can be found at:
http://ssh.nixadmins.net/~mahellma/dmesg_z61m.txt
And the output from 2.6.9-42 at:
http://ssh.nixadmins.net/~mahellma/z61m_2.6.9-42.0.8.EL_dmesg.txt
Any help welcome.
--
Mats Hellman
Nätverkstekniker / Verkkoteknikko / Network technician
@ mats.hellman at folkhalsan.fi

Public key: https://iris.folkhalsan.fi/crt/MatsHellman.asc