[CentOS] NFS failure on latest kernel update

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Feb 17 04:37:59 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 11:41:32AM -0500, Matt Hyclak wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 10:49:16AM -0500, fredex enlightened us:
> > one of my co-workers who uses fc4 on his desktop was able to mount it
> > on his client, and it is still mounted from other (non-linux) systems
> > in the server room, so it looks to me like a problem on the client machine.
> > since the problem appeared only after the latest kernel update, it seems
> > likely to be related to that.
> >

> Have you rebooted into an older kernel to confirm this is in fact the case?
>
> Matt

Well, now it's my turn to be embarrassed :(

Rebooting the older kernel didn't change things at all, NFS still wasn't
working.

So off to the machine serving the nfs shares to reboot it (it had been up
for a good six months anyway, so a reboot wasn't necessarily a bad idea,
just to let it fsck the partitions). Once it came up I could then mount
the nfs shares without issue.

sorry about all the whining gang, but I appreciate the attempts to help!