[CentOS] CPAN.pm failure to install

Gregory P. Ennis

PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Feb 17 23:53:39 UTC 2007

Everyone,

Have a new install of Centos 4.4 with a Supermicro dual processor.  I
was trying to install the perl module Astro::Time with CPAN and the
initial setup of CPAN suggested a -j3 switch to be used with 'make' on
dual processor machines.  I followed the suggestion but when the CPAN
module tried to use make it failed with the -j3 switch.  I thought I
would uninstall CPAN to start over without the -j3 switch, but could not
figure out how this is done.  Any ideas?

Greg Ennis