[CentOS] OT rpmforge rpm is not putting Dag repo info in yum.conf

Steve Campbell

campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Feb 19 15:49:11 UTC 2007

I should change this to OT, as it's not really CentOS related.

I had a post on the list last week asking how the rpmforge rpm was to be
implemented in yum. Craig White was kind enough to list how his yum.conf is
appended, I assume after he installed the rpm.

Unfortunately, mine is not appended with these lines. I am running CentOS 3.
I will add these lines manually, and probably remove the yum.repos.d folder.
This could be related to the fact that this was an upgraded Tao machine, and
I had to remove and reinstall the yum rpms as the centosplus repos were also
not in the conf file, but the main repos for Centos were there.

I just wanted to let people know that installing the rpmforge rpm doesn't
seem to work all the time. It seems to think that I have a CentOS 4 version
of yum, so it creates the extra repos folder, adds the mirrors and conf
files under the repos folder and does not append the yum.conf with the
repository info. I have probably done something improper along the
Tao->Centos upgrade path, but I am not sure what.
Thanks for all of the help.

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com
Charleston Newspapers